Comparison rate calculator
A comparison rate is a method of standardising the true cost of a loan. It factors in the interest rate, fees and charges and displays a single percentage rate that can be used to compare various loans from different lenders. This calculator can help you to find the comparison rate and see what the actual cost of a loan will be.
Note & Assumption
A comparison rate does not take into account the following fees
- government charges such as stamp duty, Mortgage Registration fees
- solicitors / surveyors fees
- Lenders Mortgage Insurance
- factors such as fee free banking
- any fee that may not occur (such as late payment fees)
- deferred establishment fees
- transaction fees (such as redraw fees)
- loan variation fees
- Interest rate does not change over the loan term
- Interest is calculated by compounding on monthly repayment frequency.
- No rounding is done throughout calculation whereas repayments are rounded to at least the nearer cent in practice.